3. The information we collect and how we its used. Many of the service we offer on our website do not require you to register for an account or provide any personally identifiable information to us, such as viewing articles, reviews and information about our Services. We may require you to register and/or create an account with us and collect the following types of information of personally identifiable information from you: e-mail address and full name (hereafter referred to as “Personal Information”).
You can select to provide all or only some of the Personal Information requested by the website during the registration process. However, if you decline to provide certain Personal Information, you may not be able to register for an account or access certain benefits of the Services (including certain deals, offers or opportunities offered by third party websites which are conditioned upon certain eligibility requirements).
FossNaija may offer you the option of registering an account with us by logging in with an accounts you have established with certain third party sites (e.g. Facebook.com and Google.com) (hereafter, the “Outside Account”). By logging in via the Outside Account, you are granting FossNaija the right to access, utilize and store (if applicable) information (including Personal Information) tied to your Outside Account in connection with the Services. Depending on the Outside Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Outside Accounts and on your account with FossNaija, the information you make accessible via your Outside Accounts (including Personal Information) will be available to FossNaija and on and through your FossNaija account.
We use email to communicate relevant information regarding contents We believe are relevant to you. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your computer or device supports this type of functionality. FossNaija uses this confirmation to help Us make emails more interesting and helpful, and to improve the Website and Our services. When You receive e-mail from FossNaija, you can opt out of receiving further e-mails by following the included instructions to unsubscribe.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific User. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited before coming to the Website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving the Website, the type of browser you are using, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, occupation, language, unique device identifier, approximate geographic location, and the time zone. We, and/or our authorized third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our Website through the use of electronic tools like cookies and web beacons or pixel tags or location based capabilities on your mobile device. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming. In certain limited instances, we may combine certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information with other identifiers in order to confirm your identity as part of the registration process for the Website.
4. Cookies – As noted above, when you visit our website, we send one or more cookies – a small file containing a string of characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use it to improve the quality of our service by storing user preferences and tracking user trends, such as how people search. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some FossNaija.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
5. Third Party Websites – We offer some of Services in connection with goods, services and deals offered by web sites operated by third parties which are not operated or controlled by us (hereafter, “Third Party Websites”). The Third Party Websites have their own privacy practices and your interactions with the Third Party Websites will be subject to the privacy policies of the Third Party Websites. As such, we strongly recommend that you review their privacy policies before undertaking such interactions. We do not exercise control over Third Party Websites displayed as search results or links from within our website and these Third Party Websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
We may share your information with Authorized Third Party Service Providers. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share User Information with such Third Party Service Providers to remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, operate the website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. However, we do not grant these entities any rights to use and contractually restrict them from using any information for any purpose other than providing service to us and you.
We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer our Website and constantly improve its quality. Please note that this is not Personal Information as defined above, only general summaries of the activities of our Users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
Please contact using our various contact channels below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
6. User Information Security. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with service providers which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Account Information and other password-protected areas of our website can be accessed only with a valid user name and password. Each password owner is responsible for keeping the password confidential and safe, as FossNaija has no control or responsibility for this type of User Information. If the password may have been stolen or might otherwise be misused, it is the responsibility of the subject User to notify FossNaija immediately for further action.
8. Public Areas of Our Website. We may provide areas on the website where you can publicly post information about yourself, can communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, and submit media content. By engaging in such conduct, you acknowledge your understanding that any such information you supply may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others throughout the world. For example, if you post your email address along with a product or service review, you may receive unsolicited messages from other registered users. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information.
12. Enforcement. We regularly review our compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our treatment of User Information by contacting us at [email protected]. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between us and an individual.
Email: [email protected]