Terms and Conditions of Service
THIS TERMS OF SERVICE (THE “TERMS AND SERVICE”) CONSTITUTES A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FOSSNAIJA.COM (HEREAFTER, “WE”, “US” “FOSSNAIJA” OR “OUR”). PLEASE ENSURE TO REVIEW THE FOLLOWING TERM AND CONDITIONS CONCERNING HOW YOU USE AND ACCESS FOSSNAIJA.COM AND ANY AFFILIATE WEBSITES AND SUB-DOMIANS (HEREFATER COLLECTIVELY REFER TO AS THE “WEBSITE” ). BY USING OR ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, AND ANY SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR AFFILIATED WEBSITES AND SUB-DOMAINS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
THE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE INTENDED FOR ALL USERS OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES, INCLUDING THOSE WHO ARE SIMPLY NAVIGATING THE WEBSITE OR THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBE OR REGISTER AN ACCOUNT AND THOSE WHO PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM THE WEBSITE.
Although FossNaija services include providing access to quality content submitted by other users of the website (including, but not limited to , comments and articles). FossNaija does not have control over the validity and accuracy of any claims made in user-submitted contents. To any extent you may utilize any such user-submitted content, you do so at your own risk and FossNaija declaims any warranties related to any user-submitted content.
2. Use of the website/services.
(a) License – By using the Website, FossNaija grants you access to use the Website and services for whatever use, but with the express written consent of FossNaija. FossNaija retains the right to determine whether or not your use of the Website or Services is consistent with the Terms of Service. We may suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the Website or Services and to refuse any future use of all or portions of the Website or Services if your use breaches or fails to comply with any of the Terms of Service. Additionally, we may seek any and all other remedies available to it, including (i) seeking injunctive relief with any court of competent jurisdiction to enjoin any breach or failure to comply with any of the Terms of Service; and/or (ii) seeking damages relating to any breach or failure to comply with any of the Terms of Service.
(b) Prohibited Use of the Website/Services – In consideration of being allowed to use the Website and Services (or any portion thereof), you agree that the following actions, without limitation, shall constitute a material breach of the Terms of Service:
(i) Transmitting material that infringes or violates the intellectual property or contractual rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others.
(ii) Transmitting content that is defamatory, unlawful, predatory of minors, threatening, harassing, obscene, abusive, slanderous, or hateful to any person or entity as determined by FossNaija in its sole discretion.
(iii) Using the Website or Services in a way that is intended to harm, or a reasonable person would understand would likely result in harm, to the user or others.
(iv) Collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses.
(v) Interfering with or damaging the Website or Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology.
(vi) Posting any materials or otherwise engaging in conduct at the Website in violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
(vii) Using the Website or Services for any commercial or competitive purpose whatsoever without express, written permission from FossNaija.
(viii) Using any algorithm or methodology to use, access, copy, acquire information, generate impressions or clicks, input information, store information, search, generate searches, or monitor the Website or Services or any portion thereof, without the express, written consent of the FossNaija.
(ix) Assisting any other party in doing or engaging in any of the foregoing conduct.
(d) Third Party Content and Websites – The Website and Services (and any portions or content thereof) may contain features and functionalities that may link to other websites and content offered by third parties which may be of interest to you. These links are provided only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FossNaija of the linked website and/or the content and materials found at the linked website, except as specifically stated otherwise by FossNaija. It is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses or other items of an intrusive nature. We do not accept responsibility for those sites. Accessing any such links from the Website to gain access to other websites is at your own risk.
(e) Minimum Age – The Website and Services are intended solely for persons who are 13 years of age or older. Any access to or use of the Website or Services by anyone under 13 years of age is expressly prohibited. Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 are required to obtain their parent’s permission before using the Website or Services. By accessing or using the Website or Services, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years old or older, and if you are between 13 and 18 years old, you also hereby represent and warrant that you have obtained your parent’s permission to use the Website and/or the Services.
(f) Account Registration. As a condition of your use of certain Services, you may be required to register/subscribe an account with FossNaija and must provide true and accurate account information at all times (including, without limitation, ensuring that your account information remains current at all times.)
3. Revision and amendments. FossNaija reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter the Terms and Conditions of Service at any time. Any such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. It your responsibility to review this Agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself informed of any of such modifications.
4. Third-Party Advertising. In consideration for our granting you access to and use of the Website and Services, you agree that FossNaija and its third party providers may place advertising on the Website. FossNaija would not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such advertising displays while you navigate or use the Website or Services. If there is a dispute arises between you and any third party advertiser relative to interactions or transactions involving the Website or Services, you understand and agree that FossNaija bears no liability in connection therewith.
5. Copyright Infringement Notice.
All users of the Website represent and warrant they shall comply with all applicable copyright laws. In the event we receive proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, the response to such notice may include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and possibly terminating your account and/or the right to use our site. If you believe any material on our site constitutes an infringement of a copyright you own, you may file a notice of infringement to the contact identified below. Any copyright infringement notification must be a written communication, transmitted by email to email@example.com, setting forth the following: electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on detailed identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing.
6. Termination of Use. FossNaija expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to the Website or Services or any portion thereof due to any act that would constitute a violation of the Terms of Service. Termination by FossNaija shall include removal of access to all Services, deletion of your password, deletion of all related information and files, may include the deletion of the Content associated with your account (or any part thereof), and other steps intended to bar your further use of the Website or Services.
THE WEBSITE (AND ITS CONTENTS) AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. FOSSNAIJA ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR TIMELINESS, DELETION OF CONTENT OR FAILURE BY THE SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES AND ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES YOU MAY ACCESS FROM THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
8. Contact Us. Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions or suggestions you might have regarding the Website or Services. You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or our contact page.
9. Entire Agreement. This Agreement governs your use of the Website and Services and constitutes the entire agreement between you and FossNaija. It supersedes any prior negotiations, discussions or agreements, whether written or oral, between you and FossNaija regarding the subject matter contained in this Agreement.