The #BuildforSDG Challenge 2020 is a partnership between Facebook Developer Circles and Andela where African developer are given the opportunity to;
- Innovate the next big technology solution/product out of Africa
- Access an entrepreneurial starter kit to launch your tech solution
- Further advance your knowledge and skills developer knowledge and learn something new.
- Access mentors/facilitators who would show you the ropes to building a functional tech solution/product.
In this Cohort, the focus would be shifting from building projects related to SDGs and focusing on industry-led projects.
With a goal to engage 7.5k developers, 2,565k developer so far has contributed to building projects that could impact their communities through the First Cohort of the #BuildforSDG challenge.
Applicants participating in Cohort 2 will focus on industry-led projects that would give them real-world experience working on high-value, high-impact projects, improve their market-readiness and possibly kick-start an entrepreneurial journey through their projects.
Here’s your chance to build tech products/solutions in any top-industry of your choice a functional from scratch and get mentored by experienced facilitators and mentors across all of Africa.
If you are interested you can learn more about the programme and apply here.
You can also share with family and friends who you think must be a part of this program.
FACEBOOK Developer Circles
Developer Circles from Facebook is a program designed to create locally organized communities for developers. These communities are meant to educate and provide a forum for discussion and knowledge sharing around topics that are top-of-mind for developers in a particular market.
Andela invests in Africa’s most talented software engineers to help companies solve the technical talent shortage and build high-performing distributed engineering teams. In addition, Andela has tested and proven to learn science principles relating to small learner groups, transparent output tracking, and robust support communities to up-skill developers across Africa.
- Sovereign Tech Fund Invests €1M In GNOME’s Open-Source Project - November 19, 2023
- Google’s Bard AI: ChatGPT Rival or The Next Frontier in AI and NLP Technology - February 8, 2023
- Google Introduces KataOS, as a Security-based Open-source Operating System - December 22, 2022