A Hackable text editor for the 21st Century!
Atom is an open source text editor for all your text needs. But its mostly used and suited for programming and development (coding). A very functional and feature-rich text editor is an invaluable component of a developer toolbox.
Atom is open-source (if you have the skills you can help improve it on github) and free of charge, you can just download, install and get right to work immediately.
- Cross-platform: It is available for Linux, Mac OS and Windows operating system.
- Aesthetics: atom is beautiful by it self, but you can modify the look and feel to your personal taste or preference using different openly available themes.
- Extensible: you can extend the features of atom with thousands of freely available packages to add additional functionalities.
METHOD 1: Using PPA:
Add the PPA to your system:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/atom
Update the system package list:
sudo apt update
And you can now install atom:
sudo apt install atom
METHOD 2: – Download the Atom package.
Download the atom installation package from their website.
Use dpkg Command:
sudo dpkg -i /path/to/atom.deb
sudo apt-get install -f
Or you can open t he package with Ubuntu software center
To remove atom from your system, use the command:
sudo apt-remove --purge atom
Latest posts by ALEXANDER WAYNE OMOROKUNWA (see all)
- How to Merge Multiple Disk Drive Partitions into One in Linux - November 11, 2019
- 5 Top Privacy and Security Linux Distributions - September 28, 2019
- How To Enable And Use On-Screen (Virtual) PC Keyboard In Linux. - August 27, 2019