Downloading files from the internet can either be a breeze or a nightmare depending on the size of the file – that is if it is small or large respectively. And this problem is compounded by internet connection stability; especially in areas with very slow internet speeds. That is where download managers come in.
Uget is a powerful cross-platform download manager. Top among it features is the fact that It is very light-weight and fast. Other well desired features include the following;
- Multi-threading: downloading more than open files at the same time.
- Pause/Resume: you can stop and restart downloads, if for instance there is a disruption of internet connectivity.
- Bandwidth limit: setting the maximum bandwidth you can allow for downloads.
- Torrent download support
- Queuing of downloads: when a download is finished the queued ones are automatically started.
- Estimated download completion time,
- On completion action: this allows you to specify what you want to happen if uGet completes downloading your files (reboot/hibernate/shutdown/do nothing).
You can check out other many advance features in uGet after installation.
To get the latest version of uGet you can use this PPA by entering the following commands in the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install uget aria2
The optional aria2 plugin adds a few features to uGet but it is not necessary for most features.
uGet can also be downloaded from the Ubuntu software center (or the software center of any other Linux distro); or from the synaptic package manager by simply searching for “uget” and “aria2” and then clicking to installation.
After successfully installing uGet, you can get it started; Open the dash and type uGet, then clicking the uGet icon that appears.
You can start downloading file(s) by clicking on FILE –> New Download. Then you can paste the download link and then start download.
uGet provides many wonderful features that should make it attractive to anyone looking for a powerful download manager for Linux . So install it and see for yourself – it is highly recommended.
- THE CHINESE DOMAIN SCAM AND OUR REACTIONS AT FOSSNAIJA. - June 30, 2020
- How To Install WPS Office On Linux - May 30, 2020
- How To Install Zoom Video Conferencing App On Linux - April 30, 2020